- 4.25 hours
This course covers the performance of rescue procedures from live low voltage (LV) apparatus. It includes responsibilities for health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels, adherence to safety practices and how to provide CPR to a non-responsive casualty.
Who is this course recommended for?
St John Ambulance recommends that you refresh your first aid training every 12 months. This is also in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines that state CPR skills should be refreshed every 12 months.
Course Duration: 4 ½ hours
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation covers the following:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures;
- Legal, workplace and community considerations;
- Airway obstruction due to body position;
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR;
- Appropriate use of an AED;
- Chain of survival;
- Standard precautions;
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- How to recognise a person is not breathing normally;
- Response/consciousness; and
- Upper airway and effect of positional change.
- Respond to an emergency situation;
- Perform CPR procedures:
- Perform at least two (2) minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor; and
- Perform at least two (2) minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
- Communicate details of the incident.
UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel covers the following:
- Inspection of rescue equipment;
- Assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others;
- Isolation procedures where appropriate;
- Knowledge of Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel; and
- Involvement of external emergency services.
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures from live LV panel;
- Carry out rescue from live LV panel:
- Placement of rescue equipment;
- Controlling hazards to rescue, victim and others;
- Maintaining Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s);
- Practical demonstration of rescuing a person;
- Removing victim to a safe location; and
- Complete the LV panel rescue procedure.
Completion of online pre-learning of both the HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel units of competency are required prior to arrival at the face-to-face session in class.
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a pre-requsite to UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel.
Unit(s) of Competency
There are no formal qualifications associated with this course.
Find a venue & book now
Sorry, this course is not bookable via the St John website.
Please contact our First Aid Services and Training team call centre on (08) 9334 1233 for more information and availability of this course.
The call centre is open Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.