St John First Responder App
St John Ambulance WA has released a new, free The St John First Responder app has a range of features, one being its unique first responder capability. The app allows qualified first aiders to sign up as a first responder and be notified when someone has called 000 for an ambulance within 500 metres of their current location and in a public place.
smart phone app, First Responder.
To become a first responder you will need to provide evidence of having completed a first aid course within the last three years. Minimum qualification level of HLTAID001
If you’re not looking to sign up as a first responder yet, then that’s okay! The app also contains a number of other resources, including:
- First aid instruction guides – helping you to treat a range of injuries and illnesses.
- Triple zero (000) calling with automatic GPS location – calling 000 from the app will send your GPS coordinates
directto the St John State Operation Centre, making it easier for an ambulance to locate you.
- Defibrillator (AED) locator - showing all the defibrillator locations near you.
- Upload the location of new defibrillator (AED) locations that aren't currently appearing on the app.
- Locate nearest medical centres and emergency departments - including live ED waiting time information.
- Patient transport services information.
- Your first aid course information and refresher reminder notices
- First aid tips and special offers - keeping you up to date with handy first aid information.